Author Topic: Iberdrola Rip Off  (Read 2871 times)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Iberdrola Rip Off
« on: March 13, 2016, 13:06. »
OK - this is probably a case of my own stupid fault and taking everything on face value. Last summer I was visited by a charming fella and nice young lady assistant from Iberdrola.

They were offering a change of contract that gave me a 10% discount on my energy usage cost. By signing up I was guaranteed to be better off and the chap insisted there was no extra charges. I was very clear that I was not a high energy user and not full time in Spain - but again it was reassured that this was a genuine 10% saving on my energy.

Recent Winter bills with very little usage are now as much as a summer bill was 2 years ago !

I have had a bill shared with me by a friend who did not sign up and was amazed at the difference.

His bill for 249Kw exactly the same number of days as me was €79.50 mine for 203Kw is €100.50 !!!

My "potencia" cost is 0,134258 €/kW day he pays 0,114873 €/kW día

The actual energy cost for me is now  € 0,130321 €/kWh the old contract is  € 0,111048 €/kWh which people who didn't sign up still pay. I do get a 10% "discount" but its on a higher engergy cost and higher dialy standing charge.

And to cap it all off I now enjoy "Protección Eléctrica Hogar 2 meses x 5,93 €/mes another €11.86 that I certainly didnt have explained to me.

The whole conversation was about me saving money - I feel like Ive been mugged off ! Anyone else found the same and have they been able to go back to the "old" contract?

BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Iberdrola Rip Off
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 13:28. »
I spotted a deal on their website about 6 months ago for 10% off, when I checked the fine print it was for more than I was paying!!
My rate is as your neighbour

Regards all

John 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline bramleylad

Iberdrola Rip Off
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 23:35. »
I got the same "charming"? visitors  offering the 10% discount ,which i also went for and my bills have gone up ! ,he said this deal !!?? was only for 12 months so hopefully it should go back to the old rates but i'm not holding my breath knowing Iberdrola ,i should have known better ,normally with coldcallers to the gate it's a "no gracias " but some reson this time i fell for the patter when you thought it was a big national company ,thought surely this can't be a rip off WHAT A MUG !!  >:(

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Iberdrola Rip Off
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 13:08. »
Worth visiting the shop in Santa Pola and see what they have to say with regards your tariffs.  We have always found them very helpful.

Would not take on anything these 'reps' offer as they are working on a commission basis.

Offline Slewey

Iberdrola Rip Off
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 14:13. »
We had a visit from a charming young man. He offered the 10% deal, but then said we had to go into the Santa Pola shop, which we did.

The man in the shop obviously knew the young man and laughed. He then looked at our tariffs and greed we should have the 10% discount.

I have to say, Our bills have gone down!

Offline bramleylad

Iberdrola Rip Off
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 21:14. »
Where is the shop in Santa Pola ? i am over in GA soon and will make a point of calling in ,ta

• Galactic Member
Iberdrola Rip Off
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 22:20. »
It's in Calle Muelle, just round the corner from Bank Inter by the castle Bramley Lad - really helpful

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Iberdrola Rip Off
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 17:32. »
I went down this afternoon
Very helpful young lady, looked at my contract, (take your last bill), and told me I was on a good rate already.
She did manage to save me a few euros, about €30 a year, you will need some photo ID to amend your contract.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• Galactic Member
Iberdrola Rip Off
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 20:16. »
Great news John, as we said, the staff in the shop cannot be more helpful! 

Offline bramleylad

Iberdrola Rip Off
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 23:19. »
Know where you mean ,thanks  ;D

Offline Brandon

Iberdrola Rip Off
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 11:32. »
I was also visited by the "charming man" last year and the bills appear larger since.....Hmmmm
I think I will also pay a visit to Iberdrola in Santa Pola this week.
Thanks AHVL/all