Author Topic: Building on solarium Altomar 2 remember Anual General Meeting 30/7 10:30  (Read 7889 times)

Offline Teamkruuse

Altomar 2

Unfortunately more and more people are building strange building on top of their roof terrace/solarium
that totally covers there solarium and totally ruin/destroy the wonderful views for the other residents!
Buildings in aluminum and glass more than 2 meters high are more and more common  >:(
Does anybody know what the rules are?
And does anybody knows who to talk to if this happens?

kind regards
Teamkruuse
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:37. by Teamkruuse »

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Building on top of roof terrace/solarium Altomar 2
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 10:19. »
There will be people on here who are closer to Community Rules than me - but my take on it is this: 

Firstly they will need to have sought permission of the Community itself via the Admin or President - and if given (very unlikely) will need to have paid a small fee to Santa Pola for planning agreement

The chances are that they have done none of that - so, if your up for it go for a "Denuncia" - that will work and you can get the thing taken down (unless as I said it has all been agreed by the community)

Denuncias do work - I've seen it done with someone sticking aircon compressors by a neighbours window - removed very quickly after the denuncia arrived

Over to the experts !! .......
BeachLife

Offline Teamkruuse

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 11:01. »

Does anybody know whos the President for Altomar 2?
And does he speak and undestand english?

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 11:08. »
If I remember its Gestifinc - As Aficionado posted on another thread:

info@afgestifinc.com
BeachLife

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 12:04. »
Your right there are roof extentions popping up everywhere, i saw one on monte mar the other day who is now blocking the neighbours sea view. Sadly whilst properties are sold with a view thus commanding higher prices you dont own that view, many front line developments subsequently become second or even third line. Masa are notorious for years later developing in front of there previous development.
They dont like it up em !

Offline denandrose

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 14:05. »
From past experience on Altomar 2 you have no chance of getting them removed. As briefly as I can I will tell you what happened to us when our new Spanish neighbours said they were going to build on their solarium. They bought the repossessed property very cheaply so could afford this.
Asked Gestifinc if this was allowed as it would block our view, and told them it was going to happen,  they said no they cannot do that.
The building started, we sent photos, no comment from Gestifinc to this except that we should denounce them, we said they are the Administrators so they should do something. We asked Gestifinc if they or the Commitee had given permission, no reply to that.
We invited Gestifinc, the President and and Commitee to come to our property several times to see what it was like, of course no one ever came.
The building was completed, granted from the road side it doesn't look too bad, but part
 of the view we had paid extra for was gone.
3 English neighbours denounced the owners, but they were still given permission by Santa Pola council  We did mention our missing view and there was a shrugging of shoulders as much as to say so what.
2 years later the Spanish couple moved selling at a profit.  Unfortunately we still have our missing view.
Hope this helps.

Offline Teamkruuse

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 14:24. »
So the complaint or “Denuncia”
Didn’t help at all?
That’s what you are saying!
When we bought our house
We were told that the only thing that was allowed was an awning
It was not legal to obstruct the view for other residents
We got to find a way to stop these Klondike buildings
Maybe if we made a gathered complain to the Santa Pola council
Maybe this could help us!
Do you know if this has been discussed on the General meeting?
Have you been to one of those?
What language is used on these meetings?
Spanish of course but do they also translate it to us who doesn’t speak Spanish?
Does anybody know that?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 15:41. by Teamkruuse »

Offline denandrose

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 18:06. »
There is an A G M meeting every year and as far as we know the problem solarium building has never been discussed. We get report on this afterwards in English, we'll sort of English but you can get the idea of what happened. Anyone can go to this meeting.
There are also monthly meetings between Gestifinc and the Commitee,  we asked for our problem to be discussed at these meetings, when we asked for the outcome we were just told that they never managed to discuss it because of other more urgent matters.! The Commitee is made up of Spanish and English, you get no info on what is discussed.
 We had an ex Vice Chairman of the Commitee living nearby who we did manage to persuade to look at the building, he just said denounce them.
If you look on the top of an Altomar 2 home across from the market there is a very large building, rumour has it that he was allowed to build this because he got permission from his neighbours, but that us just hearsay to us. We never gave any permission to our neighbours.
It seems to us, but we may be wrong, that if you are English, forget any complaints about the Spanish.
Just as an aside unlike many on our Urb. We have never missed a payment of our Community fees.

Offline Teamkruuse

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 19:16. »
Ok
This meeting take place end July start August as far as I know:)
Hasn't anybody participated?
I will bee there this year
My vacation is at that time
And I will for sure participated
Anybody has any good suggestions on how to deal with this?
I will for sure try to talk about this subject
Are there other from our community who's participating?
Let's put a stop to this together  ;)

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 22:27. »
I would advise pror notification to your committee in order to include it in the AGM agenda.
That way it can be voted on & not put in abeyance till next year.

Offline Teamkruuse

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 07:31. »
Does anybody know how long time before I have to advise the comitteee
and do I need to send it in spanish to?

Offline Keith and Jen

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 08:11. »
Our neighbours' extension cut off our winter sun.  We haven't seen them for three years.

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 13:25. »
Teamkrusse, you asked earlier who the leader of our community is, I will send you a PM with details of those elected/re-elected for the current year at the AGM last year (1st August) , you might want to try calling with one or other next time you are out.

Michael.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Teamkruuse

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 17:03. »
Hello

Does anybody know if both the President and the Vicepresident speaks english
and
Does anybody know if these guys live in GA all year ?

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 19:04. »
We had a Spaniard build a wooden bedroom on his solarium on our block, we got it removed.