Author Topic: Ryanair schedule  (Read 6114 times)

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Ryanair schedule
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 19:53. »
The article is dated February 2016 and relates to performance in the preceding three years.  My experience is that EasyJet´s performance has been much worse in recent months.  What do other members think?

Bert

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Ryanair schedule
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 20:27. »
Don't think it really maters at £40 each way most of the year I can live with 30 mins overtime any day I don't think the so called premium carriers are any better and most delays are not down to the airline

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Ryanair schedule
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 20:36. »
Bert

Having flown about 80-90 times a year for the last 9 years I am probably in quite an experienced position to give an opinion on Easyjet
Yes the last couple of months have been a bit of a nightmare

This has been caused by the following reasons

A. Gatwick Airport struggling to cope with demand resulting in slots being put back

B. Runway closed on 2 occasions  at Gatwick due to Hydraulic Fluid on runway followed last month by a hole in the runway

I have never in the 9 years had delay that was due to Easyjet which isn't bad for over 700 flights

I have never had a problem with any of their cabin crew who are extremely professional or the ground crew who are not actually Easyjet staff but Menzies Aviation

Now I'm sure you will find a member on here who has had a nightmare experience but flying as often as I do if Easyjet didn't provide the service I required I would swap at the drop of a hat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Ryanair schedule
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 22:29. »
There seems to be a lot more delays across the board recently.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 22:34. by llamedos »

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Ryanair schedule
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 22:30. »
The article is dated February 2016 and relates to performance in the preceding three years.  My experience is that EasyJet´s performance has been much worse in recent months.  What do other members think?

Bert

Have you got the figures on that claim?.

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Ryanair schedule
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2016, 23:23. »
As I said, I´m talking about my personal experience.  Sorry, don´t keep statistics, just memories of delayed flights.

Bert

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Ryanair schedule
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2016, 00:19. »
Well my flight was excellent. No one checking to see if the bags fitted in the measuring thing and enough room in the overhead lockers.  Couldnt fault the service. My only gripe was that we got the back row seats right by the toilet-my fault probably for checking in a bit late -but on the positive side we were one of the first off the plane. No complaints from me but if I had to chose I prefer Easyjet ✈️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Joe1965

Ryanair schedule
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2016, 12:10. »

Who manages these claims websites anyways ?

Could it be someone that was a previous member and hates Ryanair because he got busted on a flight because he didn't read the rules ?

Who knows ?
Who cares ?

Point is that some things are beyond the control of airlines.

Like:

Summer (the holiday period and the frantic rush to "get away")

People - who don't know what to do at security.............plastic bags etc etc

French ATC - usual air traffic control nonsense anytime they feel like it.

Stag Parties - and the humiliation of being someone from the same country as them as cause havoc at both airports and en route.

All in all the poor cabin crew put up with a lot. On my recent delayed flight one of them was into his 16th hour of duty and had another shift the next day.

As far as price goes Ryanair can't really be beaten. If it wasn't for Benidorm the prices would be higher I reckon so we have to live with some of the above factors.

Offline elriscal

Ryanair schedule
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2016, 13:19. »
if you check you will see, companies making claims against airlines for delayed flights - usually on no cure, no pay basis.

Ryanair seem to have improved as far as customer service is considered, also most of their front desk personnel are now Spanish instead of Polish.
Incidentally, aircraft crew CANNOT work 16 hours in one go. Goes against (obvious) safety regulations ... Unless they are flouting them.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Ryanair schedule
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2016, 14:42. »
We have nothing but praise for easyjet, in all our years of travelling have only had one delay and that was because of bird strike and having to replace the plane. And also a big thankyou to the assistance people at both ends.

My friend has had cancellation with ryanair and thinks they cancel rather than pay compensation for delays, i wouldnt know, have never used them.
Hazel

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
Ryanair schedule
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2016, 16:06. »
Jet 2 will be flying from Birmingham next year, with 4 brand new planes. The more competition the better the prices. :D

http://www.jet2.com/News/Jet2_com_and_Jet2holidays_Land_at_Birmingham_Airport/
Phillip

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
Ryanair schedule
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2016, 16:19. »
Ryan air cabin crew do not get payed when the plane is not flying due to a delay. They only get payed when flying. So 16 hours in to a shift and you have been delayed (for say 4hrs) hours the staff are/was not technically  on shift/working. So can fly another 4 hrs. They also have to pay for there own training.
No wonder there so cheap ;)
Phillip

Offline Joe1965

Ryanair schedule
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2016, 18:02. »
It was an Easyjet back in to Newcastle. felt sorry for the guy. He said it would be `6 hours by the time he had finished and got back into NCL.

People think it's a glamorous job being part of the cabin crew but on shorthaul esp. it is really hard work.

And not paid well enough in my opinion.

They should get a Benidorm bonus for dangerous missions.

Joe

Offline Chris C

Ryanair schedule
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2016, 19:16. »
Flown regularly with Ryanair, Flybe, Monarch and Jet2 without any issues. For the price you pay (or I have paid) can't grumble. You pays your money and takes your chance. What do some people expect

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

Ryanair schedule
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2016, 20:43. »
Think it depends if you antagonise the staff