Author Topic: Gran Alacant for 3 weeks in October  (Read 7141 times)

Offline patj999

Gran Alacant for 3 weeks in October
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 21:09. »
We have booked the flights. Arrive 5th and leave 26th October. We now need accommodation.  Does anyone place called Alamar 2 . Is it good. Can anyone recommend somewhere.
Some places we looked at have no wi fi. Is it possible to get wifi locally for a 3 week period

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 21:55. »
Check out Alicante Holiday Villas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Calsh

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 08:24. »
I find Owners Direct very useful and some good deals around.
Cal

Offline Stuart159

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 16:27. »
We have booked the flights. Arrive 5th and leave 26th October. We now need accommodation.  Does anyone place called Alamar 2 . Is it good. Can anyone recommend somewhere.
Some places we looked at have no wi fi. Is it possible to get wifi locally for a 3 week period

I'm sure I've read somewhere that it is a requirement to have WiFi in a rental property. If that is the case then maybe those advertising rental availability without WiFi are not correctly registered. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 16:31. »
We have 2 two bedroomed properties available for your dates both with free WiFi, neither are on Altomar 2 though, they are down the bottom of the hill. You can view them here :

http://goo.gl/2SiQo0
http://goo.gl/vq7u11

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 22:07. »
Seeing some of the rentals available in GA before having wee fee they need the basics sorting and a decent clean.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Maricia

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2016, 22:19. »
Seeing some of the rentals available in GA before having wee fee they need the basics sorting and a decent clean.

Agree completely! Some places need a spruce up, whilst the furniture package was great in its day, some of the bedding has seen better days and needs replacing. In addition, some properties don't even have bulbs replaced when blown but I don't think the owners are truly aware of the state of their property (when they leave in the hands of key holders/cleaners). 
BW
Maricia

Offline Chrisy

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2016, 23:49. »
Patj999
If you stick with Alicante Holiday Villas you won't go wrong.
Chrisy

Offline Maricia

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2016, 08:42. »
Patj999
If you stick with Alicante Holiday Villas you won't go wrong.
Chrisy

Whilst Alicante Holiday Villas control the booking process, they have no influence on the choice (level of cleaning) of the cleaner that the home owner uses - personal experience. Also same company left keys in a key safe once for us a few years ago and another time in a plant pot, hence no meet or greet.

BW

Maricia

• Galactic Member
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2016, 15:00. »
Whilst we do not employ the cleaners, the owners do, we have a close working relationship with all of them and, if we received a complaint about the standard of cleaning in a property, we would act accordingly. Yes, some owners use key safes, as they are very useful for late arrivals – not aware of the plant pot though!

We also work hard with our owners to replace/modernise furniture etc on an ongoing basis as you can see from the properties on our site.

Offline Maricia

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2016, 15:44. »
We fed back on the poor level of cleaning of one of Alicante Holiday Villas properties and got a standard reply about you will inform the owners. In relation to meet or greet we didn't see anyone for the whole time of the rentals and in terms of the plant pot it was in one of your properties on Altomar 1 (obviously I won't disclose the actual property) and the plant pot was one fixed to the wall near the front door!
BW
Maricia

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2016, 16:33. »
We rent our property through AHV and chose our property managers through their recommendation. I cannot fault either and have never had any complaints. A recent example of their services being that a renter recently reported my toaster not working and straight away AHV informed me and the prop.managers who replaced in on my behalf straight away.  I think you have been very unlucky.

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Maricia

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2016, 17:15. »
We rent our property through AHV and chose our property managers through their recommendation. I cannot fault either and have never had any complaints. A recent example of their services being that a renter recently reported my toaster not working and straight away AHV informed me and the prop.managers who replaced in on my behalf straight away.  I think you have been very unlucky.

Unlucky? It wasn't a lottery, it was a requirement to see someone and expect the place to be clean.

Home Oners always experience a difference from holiday renters and I see this opposite us whenever the home owner is due - the cleaner does a thorough job and I always say to my husband that the owner must be coming out - hey presto the owner arrives!
BW
Maricia

• Galactic Member
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2016, 17:42. »

We do ask guests that if they encounter any problem with any of our villas and apartments, that they contact either us or the owner's property manager straightaway so that we can rectify the problem immediately for both them and future guests. It is very difficult to rectify something when a guest has returned home.

Also the property managers are always at the end of a phone/email if you need assistance of any kind, they are not package tour reps.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2016, 17:55. »
I've met plenty of people over the years who have booked properties in GA from AHV and have heard nothing but positive remarks, hence when people ask I always recommend them.
Is there  a difference in owner occupied property and rental property, yes!!
That's why we bought our own place that no one stays in other than us and friends family when we are there.
We've rented some fantastic places over the years, many of which I would return to, although non of them are as clean, crisp and fresh as our own home in the sun.
As for keys in key boxes, it's the norm, even in villas we paid £1000 a week for 20 years ago.

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 21:01. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."