Author Topic: overpaid footballers  (Read 3859 times)

Offline ian-steele

• Galactic Member
overpaid footballers
« on: August 26, 2016, 11:11. »
when i was a youngster i watched the famous Busby Babes week in week out, the champion winners had 10 englishmen &  1 irshishman in their team 3 players cost transfer fees & lived in Chorlton or Davyhulme, never heard of lymm or Alderly Edge !
 Now what has this to do with G.A...Nothing just wanted to get off my chest that when i sit outside Dick Turpins & hear a roar from the bar and Irish big Dave comes out shouting ' Rooney Rooney' then it hits home a 31 year old on £250,000 a week who was a disgrace in the Euros, and for me should never wear an England shirt again (but probably will) Just for the record this was the famous Busby Babe team that i watched week in week out......wood * ... foulkes...   byrne..colman...jones...edwards....berry *....whelan....taylor *   violet...pegg     * denotes transfer fee, the rest were all freebies! Now new premier season started man u have ! english player in their starting line up.  Food for thought.....Ian
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
overpaid footballers
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 11:58. »
Totally agree,I'm also a football fan but nobody can call me a glory hunter , I support b'ham City ha ha.Ha.The majority of players today are not in the class of players I used to watch the likes of Frank Worthington,Trevor Francis etc.But I also love speedway & the way them boys risk there lives on bikes with no brakes ,& when they come off it takes something serious to stop them getting back on their bikes & racing again.Then you see footballers getting tackled & going down rolling about as if they had been hit by a heavy weight boxer.Playing football on pitches has smooth as snooker tables.Kenny Burns,Norman Hunter & the likes would sort them boys out.
Dave

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
overpaid footballers
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 14:36. »
Totally agree rooney and his wife are at the epicentre of a chav culture that infects like a virus every aspect of traditional uk values
They dont like it up em !

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
overpaid footballers
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 16:12. »
If you listen to some of the stories of our Olympians, eg. the wonderful Nicola Adams who worked as an extra on Corrie and Emmerdale to fund her training, the swimmers getting up at four am every morning for four years to practice, then you realise what true sportsmen and women are.
I got more excited and emotional when watching the woman's hockey final than at any time over the last Premier League season.
Footballers - overpaid prima donnas the lot of them.

Offline Mike

overpaid footballers
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 20:50. »
If I was an Albion fan I think I would be quite easily exited by many other things

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
overpaid footballers
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 01:08. »
Devils advocate.....Ronaldo cost real m, £80m....  Shirt sales and other image rights, in 6 months earned real £100m. Thats was a 6year contract.
These boys are worth the money because they are earning the clubs money.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 01:10. by Phillip »
Phillip

Offline ian-steele

• Galactic Member
overpaid footballers
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 09:21. »
Ronaldo delivers on the pitch, how many England players delivered in Euro's comp ?

• Galactic Member
overpaid footballers
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 11:59. »
Nice one Mike :-)

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
overpaid footballers
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 12:22. »
British football is seen as a huge cash cow with ultimately the fans either by attendance or pay per view are being milked.
They dont like it up em !

Offline transad

overpaid footballers
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 14:13. »
British football is seen as a huge cash cow with ultimately the fans either by attendance or pay per view are being milked.

no one buys their T-shirts?
https://www.amazon.com/Keep-Calm-Football-Ladies-T-Shirt/dp/B00EIKGWFA

Just bought for the son of a friend one with the Italian football team on it. Though favorite is:

https://www.amazon.com/Barcelona-Fans-Madrid-Shirt-Sm-5X/dp/B018Y4FQOI

Only 20$ ....

• Galactic Member
overpaid footballers
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 20:23. »
Spent a very happy pm in front of the tele watching Hull FC v Warrington in the Rugby League Cup Final. The punishment they take is unbelievable and they just get up and get on with it. None of this rolling round on the floor playing dead malarkey you get with the footballers.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
overpaid footballers
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 00:02. »
Brilliant game, fantastic fight back from Hull, great to see them win The Challenge Cup for the first time after a cracking season for them......and lots of local lads in the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
overpaid footballers
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 00:08. »
 .....and don't forget that Rugby League teams are limited to a £1.85 million salary cap, meaning the best players are probably on no more that £150,000 a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• Galactic Member
overpaid footballers
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 08:29. »
Having seen the amount of blood spilt yesterday pm they're worth every penny.

Offline ian-steele

• Galactic Member
overpaid footballers
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 10:46. »
new manager same old garbage...passing sideways & backwards around the halfway line, if the goals were placed on the half way line we would be world  beaters....hope u could stand it at dick turpins,good job it was not on pay to view tv.. ''PLAY IT AGAIN SAM !'' BUT WITH  6 CHANGES AND A NEW CAPTAIN.