Author Topic: Comunidad de vecinos de Altomar 11  (Read 2386 times)

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Comunidad de vecinos de Altomar 11
« on: October 11, 2018, 11:39. »
The present committee of Altomar 2 have made a facebook group called Communidad de vecinos de Altomar 11, this translates to Community of neighbours of Altomar 2.  They thought that it would help the community to have an information sharing group where they can see what is happening and what is planned.  I posted on facebook about it but in case it has not been shared around to anyone on Gasbags, please look for it and see what is happening, and have a chance to comment.

Thanks, Hazel, current v.p.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 10:56. »
Hi Hazel a friend who has a place on Altomar 11 can’t find the Facebook page you are referring to.
He’s not a member on here, just a browser, he asked if you could post a link to the Facebook page

Thanks

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 12:33. »
Hi John
Do you have the link for gran alacant news for this month????
Thanks
Steve

Offline denandrose

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 12:59. »
Did a Facebook search and found it, it is only in Spanish though, having many non Spanish speakers in Altomar II ! Or like us with just a smattering of Spanish, I would have thought both languages would be used.

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 16:23. »
Hi John
Do you have the link for gran alacant news for this month????
Thanks
Steve

https://www.facebook.com/groups/333799534059811/

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 16:34. »
Thanks Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Chris C

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 19:54. »
Did a Facebook search and found it, it is only in Spanish though, having many non Spanish speakers in Altomar II ! Or like us with just a smattering of Spanish, I would have thought both languages would be used.

Better just being in Spanish. At least helps with learning the lingo. Could be worse and be in valenciano

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 23:31. »

Better just being in Spanish. At least helps with learning the lingo. Could be worse and be in valenciano

Hi Chris, much as I echo your sentiments the fact remains that some of us can speak/read/understand Spanish much better than others so I can fully understand the request being made. In any case, the dual language posts are now happening so all sorted. Personally, I am reading the Spanish version.

Michael.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 12:20. »
It is initially posted in Spanish but there is a translation button which is what I use when i need to. Its not a perfect translation device but good enough for you to get what is being talked about. 
I do wish I was fluent and could translate enough for you all, what would be ideal for next year would be for an English speaker who is fluent or near fluent in Spanish to step up and be V.P. Its difficult to say the least in any meeting with just the committe present when the whole thing is conducted in Spanish and I am trying to keep up and ask between discussion to have bits translated.  So anyone out there fluent who would like to be part of it please put yourselves forward when next years July general meeting happens.
Search for it in groups in your facebook page, it would be good to reach as many people as we can.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 12:23. »
Latest current information for anyone here that can’t see the gacebook group is

When the lightbulbs around the urb go pop they are going to be replaced, as they go, with newer technology lightbulbs the intention being that these will last longer and therefore be more economical.

The idea of portaloos is being discussed and a trial of them is expected in each pool area next summer season, please if you can let us know your opinions, like or dislike the idea via the group on facebook.

The abandoned cars are under discussion and although it is expensive to have them removed that is now being looked into.

Hazel

Offline Up the iron

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 12:57. »
To DenandRose, reply #3.
You have hardly a smattering of English after we've had a dam good night together.
See you soon.

Offline denandrose

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 16:30. »
Up the Iron....so true he he!! especially after the G and T's at Ricardo's   Hic !
Look forward to seeing you soon .