Author Topic: How many Nationalities???  (Read 1585 times)

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
How many Nationalities???
« on: November 16, 2018, 20:18. »
Not expecting anyone to have a definitive answer, but anyone care to guess how many different nationalities currently reside in Gran Alacant?
Also, has the demographic changed over the years?.....for some reason I always had it in mind that GA was full of UK ex pats....but I guess that's not necessarily the case?

Cheers
Davy !!!

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
How many Nationalities😧
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 21:17. »
The stats say 50% Spanish Davy, I would have pitched the Spanish percentage closer to 75%....although the stats are only as good as the information on the Padron, there’s lots of debate and confusion surrounding who should sign the padron, we always did in order to secure funding for the area.
Obviously lots of British folk, a big Norwegian presence  that seems to be growing all the time, Dutch, Swedish, Belgians, Danes, Germans....the list goes on....but predominantly Northern Europeans

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 21:20. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 21:29. »
No surprise to see a lot of Northern Europeans there. I went to Norway in February once for work....never again...Brrrrr

Offline Chris C

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 22:47. »
My neighbour is Spanish and other neighbor is Belgian. Converse with them both in Spanish. Plenty of other nationalities in neighbourhood as well, mostly European. A good mix

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 11:44. »
Spanish to the left of me, Norwegians to the right, here I am..

(I feel a song coming on, wonder why?  :) )
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 13:40. »
Don't forget the South American contingent.  Fair few from Argentina, Venezuela etc.

Offline JOHN

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 19:01. »
This example may show the changing nationalities in GA
When we bought 12 years ago our block of 6 properties comprised of 4 Brits.1 Irish and 1 Swedish.
Now we have  2 Brits ,1 Swedish ,1 Norwegian 1 Spanish and 1 Russian.
League of nations maybe but maybe typical of the rest of GA where it's appears there are less and less of Brits!!

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 21:31. »
I fully expected the Spanish and of course northern Europeans because its freezing up there.....and naturally you get the Irish everywhere....lol...but South Americans is a bit of a surprise.
Any other nationalities?

Cheers
Davy !!!

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 21:53. »
I’ve got Mancs as neighbors Lol

Offline denandrose

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 23:28. »
We have English, Spanish and Irish neighbours, but friends who work in restaurants are, Spanish, Argentinian, Ukraine, Uruguayan , Venezuelan,  Italian, Brazilian, Persian, Romanian and Russian, so a very big mix of nationalities which is very good .
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 23:33. by denandrose »

Offline masmu

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 15:36. »
Dave -  there is a rumour that there could even be some Geordies lurking in the area  :)

Offline margate john

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 20:22. »
Great post!  Not wishing to make it political, perhaps there's a lesson here for countries that feel it's better to isolate themselves by making strange decisions about their future?  Anyway, the good news is they all appear to get on together here......

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 21:32. »
Wow, so many different nationalities is great....although I hope they all speak English, coz that's all I can speak.  :D

Maureen, Gran Alacant is truly blessed to have some Geordie's there...salt of the earth we are.  ::)
Hopefully, we'll get there again soon. There's just still so many places to visit!

Offline hyetometer

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 22:40. »
TM site is offering new apartments in Arenales in Spanish, English and Russian language.

Hope they all will be able to communicate in Spanish. Language classes welcome, I'm myself looking for a means to improve my Spanish.

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 07:39. »
Wow, talking apartments. That'll give Alexa and Co a run for their money.