Author Topic: mobile homes  (Read 1698 times)

Offline jdr

mobile homes
« on: February 23, 2019, 20:41. »
Hi all came from Santa Pola on our cycles yesterday  couldn't help but count the amount  of mobile homes in area between new  dog beach (73) & small chapel area including North along beach front, as well as car park for beach normally co shared by cars & hang gliders.
I saw grey water being discharged on rocky sea front in to water, many stains of water where vehicles had previous moved from, this area is the most Northerly coast of Santa Pola, neighbouring Elche had stopped these free loaders parking but now Santa Pola does nothing, they pay nothing.
While we visited Lidel Consume 6 more taking up to 3 spaces each across parking bays.
I expect ex residents of GA to tell me how most of these people are of a certain age & dispose of water that has chemicals in & cassette for water disposal but they are using GA Santa Pola & not paying into the local economy (apart from supermarkets)
cheers Jim

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
mobile homes
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 08:46. »
I too have been amazed by the tolerance by the council to these huge "estates" of camper vans that appear each year.

There are absolutely no facilities for disposal of waste along the coast - so I can only come to the conclusion that the sea is there waste stream (literally) of choice. I am happy to be corrected - but where does it all go if not the sea ?

They are a disgrace in my opinion - the thought of all these "snowbirds" descending on the Costa might seem a harmless pursuit of retirement time, but the reality is, that they add little to the local economy and - most importantly - I have no idea what they do with their waste as there are no facilities for them

BeachLife

Offline Chris C

mobile homes
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 09:44. »
There are far more than I have ever seen before. Thought there were signs stating no camping?

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
mobile homes
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 09:46. »
I was unfortunate enough to join a motor home website once when We where thinking about buying a motor home,and from what I read most (not all) think they should be allowed to park where they like,whenever they like and for as long as they like and also their main goal is to spend as little or if possible NO money whatsoever towards site fees or towards getting rid of their waste properly and as you say the only local businesses gaining from their existence is Lidl.

Graham

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
mobile homes
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 10:24. »
So we can conclude that persons driving or towing vehicles costing lots of money are descending on local beauty spots for days or weeks at a time, contribute absolutely nothing towards the local economy except causing mayhem until they move on, they have a negative environmental impact. This all sounds very familiar to anyone from the uk.

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
mobile homes
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 07:55. »
Having sold my place in GA almost two years ago now and bought a Motorhome, perhaps I can give you my perspective. Motorhomes generally have their own fresh, grey & black waste tanks. This will allow for being totally self-contained for about four days before needing to find a disposal outlet.  There are quite a few "camper stops" in the area providing disposal facilities. Four in El Campello, three in la Marina, three in San Fulgencio but only one in Santa Pola, although there is a full campsite on the Elche road. There is no excuse for polluting parking areas and this would be disowned by all responsible motorhomers.

We don't just frequent Lidl/Mecadona. Visits are also made for bits and bobs at Gabe's and also to local bar/restaurants plus, of course, periodically fuel stations. My friend, who still lives in GA and used to look after my place for me, is also a motorhomer, so please don't tar us all with the same brush.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 11:32. by Tony Gillam »

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
mobile homes
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 10:27. »
You are quite right Tony, as in all walks of society there are the good, the bad and the ugly

In terms of “global” pollution I wonder what’s worse......frequent flights from Northern Europe down to Spain or someone emptying their brown water tank into the Mediterranean?

It does make you think......

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
mobile homes
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 11:22. »
We counted over 100 there  last week, and if their tanks are full after 4 days what are the ones who have been there weeks doing with their waste, because I can guarantee they would not move from their perfect spot ,and dumping human waste into water where families are swimming is absolutely disgusting.
Anyone fancy a swim!.

Graham

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
mobile homes
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 12:26. »
And this does not include the ones parked on the way to santa pola del este

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
mobile homes
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 12:37. »
I'd love to get some feedback from the people that are there - we might have it all wrong !

(although I somehow doubt it)
BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
mobile homes
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 14:24. »
I do remember reading a few years ago that untreated sewage is pumped into the sea some 500 metres from the Postiguet Beach in Alicante....and that the normal flow of water in The Mediterranean sends it south towards The Carabassi.

I would have thought, maybe wishfully, that if the “snow birds” were tipping quantities of effluent in the sea it would have been noted by the authorities who monitor the underwater reserve at Tabarca, the University of Alicante research centre or indeed the many locals who catch crustaceans in the immediate area and that action to move the camper vans and their occupants on would have been taken.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 14:26. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
mobile homes
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 17:11. »
They don't seem to be about in the summer so perhaps the authorities move them on then, there were scores of them when we were out  in January ,El  Pinet beach area is a favourite.