Author Topic: Entry into UK from spain  (Read 3320 times)

Offline carmen4685

Entry into UK from spain
« on: May 01, 2021, 14:52. »
Hi everyone. I have looked online, but the jargon is driving me round the bend and I'm unwell so not patient at the moment.
In simple terms can soneone please let me know is a Spanish resident (was a uk citizen), with a British passport book a flight to the UK? Do they need a negative test before flying, are they  allowed to isolate in my home upon arrival? Do they need to take another test upon entry to UK? The reasons for travel to UK are to visit famy who are unwell. The traveller has had 2 covid vaccinations. Many many thanks

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Entry into UK from spain
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 15:51. »
https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/before-you-leave-for-the-uk

They need to fill in a passenger locator form
They need a negative pcr test before you leave Spain
They have to isolate for 10 days where they are staying
They need to prebook 2 pcr tests before you leave Spain

Not sure about the passport bit. Why not phone the British Embassy?

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Entry into UK from spain
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 11:05. »
You're still a British citizen it you have a British passport, if you had taken the Spanish citizenship test and become a Spanish citizen, (complicated and you need to speak Spanish) you would then have a Spanish passport.  The TIE is a permit to reside in Spain, but doesn't make you a Spanish citizen, just a resident.  Yes you can fly back I know someone in that position who has, but you have to do the forms and tests as per the other post of course as anyone would

Offline carmen4685

Entry into UK from spain
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 21:57. »
Hi. Thank you for the replies. The advise has been informative. Cheers x

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Entry into UK from spain
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 21:10. »
Can anyone help as to what the new rules are for a UK resident coming to second home  if you come and stay say 3 weeks then go back to the UK when can you return again please ? I don’t understand the 90 day thing. Is that 90 days in a year ?  Or do I have to wait 90 days before I return to Spain ?
Thank you

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Entry into UK from spain
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 21:30. »
It’s 90 days in 180 so you can spend all 90 days there then you can’t come back for another 90 days . Or you can spend 3 weeks or 21 days . So as day 1 of your 21 is also day 1 of the 180 you can keep coming back and forth etc until you get to 90 days in 180 then you need to leave till you have enough days left to start again

In simple terms you can go for 2 weeks every month without a problem

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Entry into UK from spain
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2021, 15:56. »
It’s 90 days in 180 so you can spend all 90 days there then you can’t come back for another 90 days . Or you can spend 3 weeks or 21 days . So as day 1 of your 21 is also day 1 of the 180 you can keep coming back and forth etc until you get to 90 days in 180 then you need to leave till you have enough days left to start again

In simple terms you can go for 2 weeks every month without a problem
 Oh I see thank you yes that makes sense. That won’t affect us as we are only here less than three weeks but hope to return in September. Friends of ours are here for two months now, Then going home for a month and out for another two months so not sure how they will get away with that. Wonder if they stamp our passports going home as well or they won’t be able to tell I guess or will the aurhoririries VD that bothered.

• Galactic Member
Entry into UK from spain
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2021, 16:05. »
I had my passport stamped both on entry into Spain and exit from Spain on my recent trip by Spanish passport control.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Entry into UK from spain
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2021, 16:45. »
Yep my passport was stamped in and out . But I guess it’s all on computer anyway

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Entry into UK from spain
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2021, 21:33. »
Mine was also stamped in and out and scanned as well. It will be fairly simple for a computer program to set lights flashing if a scan shows a specific passport has no right of entry or has outstayed its welcome.
Mine was stamped on different pages; without an electronic check it would be impossible for a border officer,  in a reasonable timescale, to calculate the cumulative stays of a frequent short stay visitor.

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Entry into UK from spain
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2021, 22:10. »
Just heard Spain may be going on UK’s green list on 24th June

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Entry into UK from spain
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2021, 23:17. »
Source?

Derek

• Galactic Member
Entry into UK from spain
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2021, 08:50. »
Can't find it on any of the reliable (or unreliable) news sources.
Day 9 today - 8 calls so far.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Entry into UK from spain
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2021, 09:56. »
Free today no more prison for me . Day 8 test negative only 1 call from T and T on day one must have an honest voice lol

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Entry into UK from spain
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2021, 10:39. »
Yep my passport was stamped in and out . But I guess it’s all on computer anyway
Yes it’s called API, all legal entry and exit into the uk is collected and stored for eternity.