Author Topic: Antigen test Gran Alacant  (Read 3673 times)

Offline Teamkruuse

Antigen test Gran Alacant
« on: May 09, 2021, 09:26. »
Good morning sun seekers  :)
Does anybody of you guys, know  where I can get a Antigen test a quick test in our area?
Perferably in GA of course.
If possible  ;)
What about price and do I need an appointment?
I hope some of you guys have that knowledges!
Thanks
Regards Flemming  8)

Offline loser

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 19:16. »
I know that if we take all the precautions and tests we can legally fly to Spain on 17th May , can we actually enter Spain on that date so far I’ve seen nothing changing the ban on admission to Spain . Also will we need another test on top of the 3 we need for UK entry ?

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 20:48. »
This is the latest I can find
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/spain-prolongs-travel-restrictions-for-countries-outside-eu-until-end-of-may/

Regards testing you also need a negative test before departing the UK. A Spanish Travel Health Form to get in and maybe more. I can't seem to keep track.
Flights booked for May 31st, hopefully.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 09:51. »
Hopefully someone who actually has a test can advise how it went, where, costs etc to help anyone else who wishes to travel

Offline Pewster

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 10:03. »
Hopefully someone who actually has a test can advise how it went, where, costs etc to help anyone else who wishes to travel

The test to travel back to the U.K. at salvum was €120 last month. Not sure if that’s changed and what other places are charging.

Offline ian-steele

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 11:02. »
Looks like a no go till  normal flights resume,  previous thread said £120 for a test, my wife & I & son were hoping to come June, £360 from UK, £360 back from G.A .......for a £360 easy jet flight ! !
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 11:13. »
It does seem a bit mad at moment by my reckoning we need 4 tests at about £100 each per person that’s
1 to get into Spain 1 to fly back to uk then 1 on day 2 and 1 on day 8

So although already fully vaccinated this adds £400 per person for a week

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 15:30. »
Costs are probably why TUI are offering packages for customers at very cheap prices, thought prices were supposed to come down and aren’t antigen tests much cheaper that Pcr testing?

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2021, 17:05. »
I have to agree the costs (and quarantine) will discourage all but the most determined and those who either aret working now or have the opportunity to work from home.

The one extra cost I don't get is the day 5 "test and release" which you then have to follow with a day 8 test. Makes no sense to me.... I will be doing the test and release so that I can make a important event on-site so my overall cost for tests is going to be close to £450 for all the tests.

Most people won't bother.

The green list will still have a cost of about £280 so the days of mass travel while the list process in place is going to be limited by afordability
BeachLife

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2021, 18:33. »
I have to agree the costs (and quarantine) will discourage all but the most determined and those who either aret working now or have the opportunity to work from home.

The one extra cost I don't get is the day 5 "test and release" which you then have to follow with a day 8 test. Makes no sense to me.... I will be doing the test and release so that I can make a important event on-site so my overall cost for tests is going to be close to £450 for all the tests.

Most people won't bother.

The green list will still have a cost of about £280 so the days of mass travel while the list process in place is going to be limited by afordability

Hi beachlife I found this place that does day 2 and day 8 for £99 you have to do tests live over videocall but it’s cheapest I’ve found so far

https://www.testingforall.org/product/day-2-day-8/

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2021, 09:17. »
Thanks Spurs - thats a huge saving on what I have been quoted
BeachLife

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 18:07. »
We were offered similar tests in Spain which initially seem better value, the test is conducted online via a video call where the “clinician “ can view you conducting the test. The completed test was then collected by a courier with up to at the time 48 hours to get result via email link. We ultimately chose attending in person then a couple of hours later results given including hard copy and electronic version.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2021, 19:40. »
We were offered similar tests in Spain which initially seem better value, the test is conducted online via a video call where the “clinician “ can view you conducting the test. The completed test was then collected by a courier with up to at the time 48 hours to get result via email link. We ultimately chose attending in person then a couple of hours later results given including hard copy and electronic version.
Is it an antigen or full PCR test you had done & could you advise costs in Spain?

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2021, 21:22. »
Anyone else seen this - just had it sent to me. Good news if it's true although there are a few caveats lower down in the article.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/14916688/spain-holidays-may-green-list/