Author Topic: Antigen test Gran Alacant  (Read 3667 times)

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Antigen test Gran Alacant
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2021, 21:23. »
We were offered similar tests in Spain which initially seem better value, the test is conducted online via a video call where the “clinician “ can view you conducting the test. The completed test was then collected by a courier with up to at the time 48 hours to get result via email link. We ultimately chose attending in person then a couple of hours later results given including hard copy and electronic version.
Is it an antigen or full PCR test you had done & could you advise costs in Spain?
It was a PCR test which is the same process as the lateral flow test but undergoes a laboratory analysis where the LFT is the one you can do yourself at home or school and gives a result in 10 minutes. The cost was €120 each. Please be aware that the test result must contain totally accurate personal information as shown on your passport and must comply with the minimum test standards that the UK requires. Most but not all providers clearly state there processes and compliance with EU and UK entry requirements some were sadly a bit vague. Results must be originals and can be in Spanish and/or English we obtained both as when stopped Spanish side most officials don’t read English.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 16:07. »
Found this on another forum :

"DAM Health in Alicante city centre. It is the Antigen test that costs only €39 and you get the results emailed to you on the same day. This test is acceptable for travel to the UK. My husband and I both had it. You don't need a PCR test to enter the UK. An Antigen one is perfectly adequate. We have done it recently, costing only €39 each."

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 23:15. »
Thats good news for the trip out (I have read the same in another paper also)

El pais seems to suggest that PCR test for entry to Spain may not be required
https://english.elpais.com/economy_and_business/2021-05-12/tourism-minister-british-tourists-should-be-able-to-return-to-spain-from-may-20-without-pcr-tests.html
BeachLife

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2021, 10:07. »
Whilst this is in all the syndicated press, who have picked up on Mrs Maroto's speech, it has NOT yet been confirmed by the Spanish Government.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2021, 15:54. »
The article also states that it would be dependant on the UK putting spain on the Green list, we can always hope they do

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2021, 13:16. »
Checked with family doctors GA about cost etc, 50 euros with results in 20 minutes and you just ring it email to book appointment.
Not required for children 11 & under as far as I know

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2021, 14:16. »
Where are the family Doctors ?

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2021, 22:22. »
Where are the family Doctors ?
I think they’re up in masa square

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2021, 23:08. »
Than you Chris and Jackie

Offline phil

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2021, 01:20. »
Just had a antigen test done today at 12 to fly back tonight to Uk. 50 euro at the family doctors massa sq next to where Rogers used to be. Great service certificate issued within 20 minutes

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2021, 07:56. »
Just had a antigen test done today at 12 to fly back tonight to Uk. 50 euro at the family doctors massa sq next to where Rogers used to be. Great service certificate issued within 20 minutes

Do Antigen tests have to be taken less than 72 hours before a flight ?  I know PCR tests are 72 hours

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2021, 09:20. »
We fly back Monday afternoon on the 7th. On the advice of the clinic we're having the test at 0930 Monday morning. They say as it's not as accurate as a pcr it's best done within 24 hrs of departure.

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2021, 09:59. »
That’s great makes sense. Are you booked into the same place at Masa as Phil was ? Think they do it at the Life resort too

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2021, 10:10. »
Yes, Masa Sq.
Salvum at the Life Resort do it as well (€40 not €50 as at the Masa Sq), but they didnt have an appointment that didn't clash with my other commitments on Monday.