Author Topic: Return to the UK  (Read 3123 times)

Offline Peter D

Return to the UK
« on: July 01, 2021, 10:40. »
Have I dreamt it or have I actually read that after July 2nd you do not have to isolate on your return to the U.K. if you have had two jabs?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Return to the UK
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 10:56. »
You've been dreaming Peter

Regards all

John

The Gov UK website has all the information.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 10:59. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Peter D

Return to the UK
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 12:57. »
Thanks John

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Return to the UK
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 16:28. »
To be fair to Peter Sky were headlining this morning (and has since disappeared) that there would be no quarantine for those with two jabs after 26th July.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Return to the UK
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 13:32. »
There’s been a report in the times that government will announce no quarantine for fully vaccinated British wef 26/07 to coincide with start of main school holidays for England with some reports of waiver for accompanying children under 18

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Return to the UK
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 18:16. »
Am I the only person fed up with constant reports by the day in papers and tv where a bit of information is reported. Most of it is tittle tattle and gossip with a bit of deliberate government leakage to gauge opinion. It’s about time the blithering excuse of a prime minister spoke with clarity and purpose instead of this vacuum that he creates where chaos and confusion reigns. An opposition with the backbone of rowntrees jelly doesn’t help, all they do is rearrange the titanic deckchairs. Where did it all go so wrong.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 18:19. by wilson »

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Return to the UK
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2021, 18:36. »
Never understood the rationale for 10 days quarantine after coming back , with a test in Spain and a day 2 and day 8 test those of us coming back were safer than the general population.
The only logical reason for doing it is to discourage people going abroad for financial not health reasons , ie spend your holiday money in the UK not abroad to help the massive debt we have and let’s make them pay a couple of hundred for 2 tests as well again so the govt gets more revenue. I actually think if they came out and said this was to get some money in we would respect them more

If the vaccines work then we should be safe going to Spain , if the don’t work we are doomed anyway . I don’t think we have seen much honesty from Boris and his crew this year what with dodgy flat redecorating and Matt getting caught with his trousers down the latest in a long line of errors
Luckily the one bit they have got right is possibly the most important one with the vaccine rollout

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Return to the UK
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 12:36. »
I think the pandemic has shown that UK society hasn’t moved on at all from 100 years ago. It’s still true today that the 1% of society can carry on with little restriction but the 99% must adhere to the rules or face the consequences. The movement of thousands of players,officials and associated persons moving freely around Europe for the football being an example, sure is one damn big bubble. I don’t see Mein Herr Merkule doing many 10 day quarantines either as she ping pongs around Europe.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Return to the UK
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 13:54. »
Can you get a PCR test done in GA over the weekend ? 

I want to ensure I comply with the rules and I have a monday am flight.

Is a Friday PCR OK for a Monday flight?
BeachLife

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Return to the UK
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2021, 14:25. »
The new rules only apply to people vaccinated in the uk and not abroad

Graham

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Return to the UK
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 15:03. »
Off Gov UK so I think you should be alright.

'You must take the test in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you can take the test on or after Tuesday and will need to have the negative result available before boarding on Friday.'

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Return to the UK
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 17:03. »
Have they changed the req to a PCR test  for return to UK I had an antigen last time in GA ?

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Return to the UK
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2021, 18:02. »
What happens if you get a positive result and you got a flight to catch and you are leaving a hotel ?.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Return to the UK
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2021, 18:25. »
According to gov rules if you get a positive test you have to follow the rules in the country you are in and will be denied boarding at airport. So I guess you book back into a hotel and isolate for 14 days in Spain

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Return to the UK
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2021, 18:34. »
That’s just impossible, would they close the hotel if you have mixed with other residents?. who would look after your children if you need to stay in your room, it’s just not been thought about.
I like the idea but it’s just not practical
I don’t think you could have a relaxing holiday thinking about that all the time.
Is it really worth it.