Author Topic: New Rules whe arriving from Amber list countries  (Read 6249 times)

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
New Rules whe arriving from Amber list countries
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2021, 20:41. »
"The select location is a bit hit  and miss unless Newcastle is now in the South West of England  ???"

What a thought outside toilets having to be built in all new homes and an influx of Whippets and racing pigeons. Just joking like this is sufficient to cause widespread panic down here.

Derek

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2021, 22:54. »
We've had two return trips recently, flights £60 each return, tests €50 each in GA and £99 each on return.

Tips, book your lateral flow test in GA (Clinic or Salvum) as soon as you arrive as they get booked up, Martha at the clinic is really helpful. If using Testingforall for pcr on return again book early, they have a limited number and popular days sell out.
If using testingforall be prepared to wait longer than the quarantine time. Got my 8 day test results on day 12 ! And day 2 test on day 6.  I didn’t stay in after ten days but makes a mockery having to wait two extra days to get your results.

Offline Nikkim79

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2021, 09:53. »
Hi all, newbie here! Flying out next Saturday with the family, we have been to Gran alacant many times and love the area!
We have got our PCR test booked to fly out to Spain (as I’m on day 14 of being double jabbed when arrived and have been advised I would not be clear so as back up in having a test done and also my daughter who is 15) we’ve got the pre departure tests to take out there with us to do 72 hours before flying home and we’ve booked our day 2 test for when we are back! Just got to do the health forms for Spain and U.K. 48 hours before flying into each destination. But I think that’s it isn’t it??
My mum and dad are travelling out with my brother rand family and my mum and dad being old fashion want a print out copy of their pre departure test home so they are wanting to book into a clinic there, however as far as I am aware most companies are just sending results via phone/email to be shown on phones or will the clinics print out a certificate for then there? Any help anyone can give I would much appreciate it as it’s been quite stressful organising it all (falls down to me as I’m the most organised in the family) so I want to make sure I have everything correct for us all! Thanks all, enjoy your weekend 😄
Nikki x

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2021, 10:15. »
Book salvum they do the test in clinic and print out a letter/ certificate with all your details on it

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2021, 10:29. »
I’m no technophobe but the various forms that require completing this time have been hair pulling at times, most issues probably down to group, old people, children of various ages, 1 jab or 2. My advice is get every scrap of information ready before committing to online forms as pages time out. We noticed people still being refused boarding as got wrong paperwork, wrong type of test as in got LFT when pcr required, one family turned up with nhs pcr tests taken day before which they must have lied to obtain, whilst test is great rules say no entry. They trudged off not happy.

Offline lesandtony

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2021, 11:01. »
I came back recently and i can tell you the best thing by far is a printed piece of paper as those with phones either could not find the correct bit or were not sure where they had put it.  This caused a big queue at the boarding gate while they found it or someone from the airline found it for them.  Paper in Hand takes no looking for

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2021, 11:27. »
The Ryanair boarding pass on the phone is actually quite good you load all of you paperwork onto it and at the gate and other end it’s all in one place just swipe sideways on boarding pass and it’s there .

I grudgingly say well done Ryanair

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2021, 12:03. »
Tips, book your lateral flow test in GA (Clinic or Salvum) as soon as you arrive as they get booked up, Martha at the clinic is really helpful. If using Testingforall for pcr on return again book early, they have a limited number and popular days sell out.
[/quote]
If using testingforall be prepared to wait longer than the quarantine time. Got my 8 day test results on day 12 ! And day 2 test on day 6.  I didn’t stay in after ten days but makes a mockery having to wait two extra days to get your results.
[/quote]

A friend of mine used them and is still waiting for her day 2 test result. I will tell her how long you waited. I will definitely give them a miss.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2021, 12:54. »
I've only used TestingforAll once on recommendations on here - my Day 2 results came mid afternoon on day 4 and Day 8 the same time on day 10.

On day 6 I was contacted by NHS T&T (email and text)and told to isolate and book an NHS test as I had been near someone who had Covid.

I've not got the NHS T&T app on my phone, I hadn't been out so can only assume someone on my flight tested positive on Day2 and my Locator Form details were used to inform me.

In reply to Spurs the GA Clinic do the same re the certificate; they send you away for 20 minutes whilst the test finishes then you go back to pay and get the certificate. You pay your money and make your choice.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2021, 16:14. »
I upload all the info onto the Ryanair boarding pass (as Spurs says) and it's all in one place and easily accessible.

Offline Nikkim79

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2021, 21:03. »
Book salvum they do the test in clinic and print out a letter/ certificate with all your details on it

Oh that’s good to know as will make them happier! Thank you all for the info! I am printing out as much as possible at home, it will only be the 72hours before leaving test and forms for entering U.K. I will need on phone so fingers crossed all goes smoothly!
Just trying now not to worry and look forward to a lovely week away in the sunshine 🌞

Nikki x

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2021, 21:17. »
Agree with previous posts upload all documents onto Ryanair. The boarding pass turns green when uploaded.Also get documents verified at check in desk, at Bhx and Ltn they then give you a slip of paper which confirms boarding for gate staff.

Puddywoo I would be lying if I said it’s a breeze plenty of posterior twitching until you walk out through those doors at ALC but check and double check, hard copies in a folder a lesson learnt by a distraught gentleman sat by us on the plane who realised as we were taxing down runway that he had left his phone isn’t the gate.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2021, 21:32. »

Oh that’s good to know as will make them happier! Thank you all for the info! I am printing out as much as possible at home, it will only be the 72hours before leaving test and forms for entering U.K. I will need on phone so fingers crossed all goes smoothly!
Just trying now not to worry and look forward to a lovely week away in the sunshine 🌞

Nikki x

I don't want to rain on your parade and I can't find the specific wording on the Gov.UK website but if the test you do before leaving Spain is the lateral flow (antigen) at either the Clinic or Salvum then I'm sure it is within 48 hours of UK arrival not the 72 hours that is the norm for pcr test; I think the reason is the difference in accuracy.
If you have time (late flight) book it for the same morning or late the day before. Remember neither clinic opens Saturday or Sunday and the clinic closes at 1pm every day.
We have a late flight Sunday so have agreed with the clinic to have the test, lateral flow, on the Friday and they will email us the certificate on Saturday with Saturdays date. Not sure this is quite within the rules so don't broadcast it.
I'm sure other posters will correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Nikkim79

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2021, 21:50. »

Nikki x

I don't want to rain on your parade and I can't find the specific wording on the Gov.UK website but if the test you do before leaving Spain is the lateral flow (antigen) at either the Clinic or Salvum then I'm sure it is within 48 hours of UK arrival not the 72 hours that is the norm for pcr test; I think the reason is the difference in accuracy.
If you have time (late flight) book it for the same morning or late the day before. Remember neither clinic opens Saturday or Sunday and the clinic closes at 1pm every day.
We have a late flight Sunday so have agreed with the clinic to have the test, lateral flow, on the Friday and they will email us the certificate on Saturday with Saturdays date. Not sure this is quite within the rules so don't broadcast it.

I have just checked the Foreign travel advice and gov website and they are still stating test must be taken within 3 days of arriving into the U.K.

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2021, 07:30. »

Nikki x

I have just checked the Foreign travel advice and gov website and they are still stating test must be taken within 3 days of arriving into the U.K.
I think you will find it’s a PCR test but Antigen lateral flow should be taken 24 hours before the flight. When I booked at Salvum the lady said when is your flight and I said Saturday 26th and she said you need tour test on Friday 25th