Author Topic: Day 2 Test  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Day 2 Test
« on: July 26, 2021, 16:54. »
Last time I used Testing For All - you put your sample in a Royal Mail priority post box. I had a choice of two within 5 minutes walk from home.
This time I used Randox health - £9 cheaper (£43/£52).  You have to put your sample in a dedicated Randox Health post box or drop it off at a designated courier. None were near my house. I had to go to Frankley services on the M5 to drop it off. Probably the most expensive £9 I've ever saved.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Day 2 Test
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 17:14. »
Thanks for info I was looking at Randox health won’t bother now nearest drop box is 30 miles away I will stick with testing for all

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Day 2 Test
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 17:16. »
As always it pays to check the details I also noticed that a lot of Randox drop points were motorway service stations or city centre locations but we live and learn.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Day 2 Test
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 18:48. »
If you go onto the UK Gov website you can buy the day two test for £28 including postage.

Derek

• Galactic Member
Day 2 Test
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 20:49. »
Thanks Derek.
After a quick look Expert Medical seems cheap £28 and they use the Royal Mail priority postboxes. I'll investigate them in August.
The other ones I've looked at are either click and collect or the price goes up for a home test kit to £50-60 although I haven't worked my way through all the list.

Offline TRIDENT

Day 2 Test
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 23:10. »
I would be looking at the time from posting the sample to receiving the result. I would rather trust a drop off box that the royal mail for a quick return. A neighbour who paid for a 5 day release was still waiting for the results of his 2nd day test on day 5. Not good if the 5 day result comes back on day 8. My wife got the call again from t & trace at the usual time around 13.00  they are  either not busy or on a bonus scheme.

• Galactic Member
Day 2 Test
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 23:19. »
I put my sample in the Randox Health drop off in Frankly services about 9am Sunday morning. This morning Monday, 06.09 I had an email to say it was at the laboratory and this afternoon, 16.40 I had an email from them to say I was negative.
Testing for All was a bit slower last time but I don't think that the Day 2 test result now is time sensitive if you're not in quarantine.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Day 2 Test
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 09:41. »
I agree B&W - its no longer time-pressured if you dont have to quarantine. Got my results emailed in any event on the 3rd day after landing and I posted the test on day 1 (Testing for all)

Interestingly I have had txts (but no calls) from track and trace telling me I have to isolate for 10 days as I have come from an amber country. I definitely filled the UK forms in correctly - bit strange. I phoned 119 and they told me to ignore it.

I have never been called obviously

I put my sample in the Randox Health drop off in Frankly services about 9am Sunday morning. This morning Monday, 06.09 I had an email to say it was at the laboratory and this afternoon, 16.40 I had an email from them to say I was negative.
Testing for All was a bit slower last time but I don't think that the Day 2 test result now is time sensitive if you're not in quarantine.
BeachLife

Offline TRIDENT

Day 2 Test
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 13:36. »
My wife's test was put in the drop off box yesterday around 1400 hrs and got a text to say it was being analysed this morning so hopefully get the result today. As a resident and having to isolate for 10 days of an11day stay the turnaround of the test becomes a major factor. They are not allowed to post out a 5 day release test kit until day 4 so you cant beat the system by sending the test a day earlier  ;D .Also i thought you had to record the date and time on the paperwork when you use the test kit.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Day 2 Test
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 15:37. »
Hi Heber.

When you opened the box you had to "activate" the test by using a code on the lid of the box, - that then sets the clock ticking and record the date and approx time of the test.

If you dont activate the test its invalid

That was my experience with the "testing for all" test
BeachLife

Offline TRIDENT

Day 2 Test
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 21:25. »
Hi Rich The problem we had was when my daughter was trying to register the kit it needed Kates national health number to proceed(which i have) but i was out in the garden and they could not contact me for a while so they could not drop the test off .Day 5 test not received yet so hopefully tomorrow.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Day 2 Test
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2021, 15:36. »
I’ve just ordered my day 2 tests from Expert Medical £35 with delivery. Flying home next week so will let you know what their service is like. A friend used test for all and two weeks still no day 2 results.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Day 2 Test
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2021, 15:51. »
I found my day 2 testing for all results in the spam folder (sent 24hrs after I posted it)
BeachLife

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Day 2 Test
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2021, 16:13. »
I found my day 2 testing for all results in the spam folder (sent 24hrs after I posted it)

She has the app and all it’s says is out for delivery. She has checked her emails/spam and nothing.

Offline TRIDENT

Day 2 Test
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2021, 22:57. »
Kate received her day 5 test at 12.15 today (day 5) registered it ,took the test and it was dropped off at 13.15. The drop off box was quite full so they had not already made a collection. Hopefully she will be free tomorrow.  She has not had any phone calls on day 4 and 5. The betting is that Spain will go on the amber plus soon. They seem to leak a bit of information and then when it happens its less of a shock.