Author Topic: PCR or Antigen ?  (Read 2260 times)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2021, 15:32. »
Does anyone know what is needed if you havent been vaccinated?  My daughters friend hasnt had and doesnt want the jabs. She has had covid recently so only needs the antigen to come over but we’re not sure about what she needs to get back into the UK
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Peter D

PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2021, 18:04. »
She may have to isolate

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2021, 20:28. »
Hi. Yes she knows she has to isolate but wasnt sure what test to return.  I think its just antigen but not 100% sure.  It is very confusing.
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2021, 23:30. »
I don't know the answer but I do know it's meant to be confusing.

So confusing that some consider it better to stay in the UK which is the whole point.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2021, 13:54. »
I've just re read my last post and it could be interpreted that I agree with staying in the UK - which I don't. The whole point of the confusion is the Gov't way to make you stay in the UK.

I'm confused now. :-[

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2021, 14:14. »
I read it as you meant it and I think you are right.  Just did my spanish locator forms. It actually makes me nervous!!! 
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2021, 17:17. »
As far as I can tell she just needs an antigen test in Spain and then a 2 day pcr in UK . The whole govt advice site is a mess

Just a little advance warning though there are rumblings that started with Quantas In Australia that airlines around the world are coming up with a plan to not allow people who could be vaccinated but have chosen not to fly

You can take your own moral view on that but I spoke to someone I know quite high up in aviation industry and it coming and may happen very quickly

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2021, 20:41. »
"I know quite high up in aviation industry"

This line made me smile.

Derek

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2021, 21:49. »
Thanks for giving ue the low down. :)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2021, 21:15. »
I can't understand the bit about " have not chosen to fly" why would you need the tests if not flying ?

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2021, 23:11. »
I can't understand the bit about " have not chosen to fly" why would you need the tests if not flying ?

I read it this way

"a plan to not allow people who could be vaccinated  - but have chosen not to -  fly"
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2021, 01:02. »
Sorry may have missed out a commer or something bottom line is no vaccine no fly coming soon to an airline near you . Not sure of my personal view on it but it’s coming I guess at the end of the day the airlines will be able to say these are our criteria to fly meet them or no travel

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2021, 07:41. »
All clear Spurs, cheers. I do wonder what the point is of testing at all, we had our antigen tests done in GA three days before we flew home, we could have picked up the virus the day after the tests still have flown home done the day two tests and then moved about between households and then have the test results come back positive, my wife's results were emailed on the third day from posting off the kit, six days later I still hadn't had a result so I enquired and got the result later that day,both negative I might add, think the whole excercise is ticking boxes.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2021, 08:50. »
I'm impressed with Randox Health. I drop my test off in the morning, I get an email overnight saying it has been received by the laboratory in Ireland and then later that day my test results. I've used them three times so far.
I agree with kevinb about the gap between the test in Spain and flying home. The alternative is having to take a test at Alicante airport immediately before the flight.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 19:41. by Blue and white stripes »

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2021, 11:11. »
All clear Spurs, cheers. I do wonder what the point is of testing at all, we had our antigen tests done in GA three days before we flew home, we could have picked up the virus the day after the tests still have flown home done the day two tests and then moved about between households and then have the test results come back positive, my wife's results were emailed on the third day from posting off the kit, six days later I still hadn't had a result so I enquired and got the result later that day,both negative I might add, think the whole excercise is ticking boxes.
[/quote

I think your right loads of people have paid money sent off sample and still never got result back. It seems to me the whole exercise is pay £60 just to get the code number to put on you locator form. I have also heard of someone who had a test in GA in June to come back to uk and has been using same letter with different dates on ever since . Ryan Air give it a quick look and no one else ever asks for it.
Don’t think I’m going down that route I would be shaking at uk border !!!!!