Author Topic: PCR or Antigen ?  (Read 2258 times)

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2021, 11:55. »
We went twice when there was quarantine on return and were subject to the daily calls from test and trace with confirmation requested of day 2 and 8 results. We've been once since the requirement was only a negative test on depart and a day two test on UK return.
There is no contact with T&T. We used Expert Medical (£35.99) the last time - we recieved one test on day 2 and received no results and one test on day 5 with result on day 8. The whole thing is now a money making racket with the idea now being to find the cheapest to get a code for the locator form.
The whole idea of the test on return was to track for variants - I read the other day that only 2% of positive tests are further analysed for variants.
It's turned into a farce;

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2021, 13:24. »
I'm impressde with Randox Health. I drop my test off in the morning, I get an email overnight saying it has been received by the laboratory in Ireland and then later that day my test results. I've used them three times so far.

The helicopter carrying the Covid test samples flies over our house en route to Belfast International Airport around 10pm each evening. It touches down a few minutes later. Randox are situated in Antrim, about 6 miles from the airport, so the cargo will get to them quite quickly which explains the overnight acknowledgement and rapid next day response.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2021, 15:23. »
Flew out of Alicante today to Bristol.
Lateral flow test done yesterday morning at the family clinic. Was actually asked to show proof of a negative  test this time by the lady that checks all paperwork before you get the slip of paper to hand in at the gate. Had to show covid vaccine certificate, negative test and locator form. To be honest she couldn’t have really looked at it all on my phone as once saved the print on the documents is tiny. She just nodded ok slip of paper given and on to the next person.

No exit stamp in passport either.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2021, 18:04. »
I have gone back to the booth to ask for the exit stamp before. With this 90/180 day business it proves when you were in Spain.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2021, 19:11. »
All we had was two Ryanair workers at the gate. No one sat in any booth like there normally is. Hopefully scanning my passport at Bristol will show I was out the country.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
PCR or Antigen ?
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2021, 20:15. »
I have gone back to the booth to ask for the exit stamp before. With this 90/180 day business it proves when you were in Spain.
I wouldn’t worry too much the information provided by API is shared, and should any country wish to check they can instantly see the time and date of arrival and departure.