Author Topic: Stay in GA  (Read 3015 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Stay in GA
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2021, 13:36. »
Beachlife, we are brothers in arms. I've shed a lot of weight lately and it's paid off , went to docs this week and was told I'm in good shape, good BP and resting heart weight, it would all  to hell if I went on a cruise, good luck.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Stay in GA
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2021, 17:17. »
Whilst out walking today saw a commercial construction just past the gabe junk/tat shop opposite the church, looks quite big and undoubtedly going to ruin many views from Monte Mar any suggestions what it is ?

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Stay in GA
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2021, 01:31. »
Yes, saw that the other week, concrete slabs contained in concrete uprights, as ugly as sin.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Stay in GA
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2021, 10:11. »
I think it’s going to be an Aldi.

Graham

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Stay in GA
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2021, 11:04. »
Was told a supermarket plus a small commercial centre.
Be interesting to see how far they have gotten with it from our last time out here.

Flew out yesterday from Bristol flight more busier than our last flight out.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 11:06. by Sookie »

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Stay in GA
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2021, 12:01. »
If that’s going up opposite the church, I hope they have sorted the drainage out, that area gets all the rainwater from up the top, there was car floating last year after the big down fall. !!!

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Stay in GA
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2021, 15:22. »
It’s potentially huge it must be 50 foot tall now and at least the size of Mercadona with looking at the roads with more to go in. Whatever it is they will have lovely views towards the sea and Alicante, sadly the same can’t be said for the homeowners opposite. Might be a coincidence but quite a few sale boards up along that stretch.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Stay in GA
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2021, 16:28. »
It’s always been a problem with loss of views. I’ve lost count of the number of people I’ve spoken to over the last 22 years who paid extra for sea views or mountain views with the promise that nothing was going to built in their sight line .
Then a few short years later hey ho they build a complete urbanisation in front of them. I’ve decided that the sea view promise is about as true as the golf course will be built within a couple of years we were told 22 years ago the only way to get a sea view guaranteed is to built a house on the beach

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Stay in GA
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2021, 17:26. »
When I was over in July they were constructing a pretty wide (and fairly deep) culvert and covering it over with a concrete slab. The culvert stretched quite a way across the new construction phase - I guess making its way down to a runoff area by the 332.

You might not want it running under your shiny new property!

If that’s going up opposite the church, I hope they have sorted the drainage out, that area gets all the rainwater from up the top, there was car floating last year after the big down fall. !!!
BeachLife

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Stay in GA
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2021, 19:36. »
Has anyone taken any photos ??. I wonder if they will put a bus / train stop outside, at the moment it goes straight pass that section of land !

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Stay in GA
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2021, 19:45. »
Surely someone must know what it’s going to be, hopefully more bars and restaurants, probably find out in the next edition of the granalacantadvertiser.
Any good suggestions / ideas 🤣🤣

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Stay in GA
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2021, 08:37. »
They've installed a massive square section pre constructed storm channel on   Noreuga more or less opposite the church.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Stay in GA
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2021, 09:52. »
Surely someone must know what it’s going to be, hopefully more bars and restaurants, probably find out in the next edition of the granalacantadvertiser.
Any good suggestions / ideas 🤣🤣

Yes Steve there is certainly a shortage of bars and restaurants in GA.

Derek

Ps If they opened those that are currently closed because of the lack of punters you could double the seating capacity overnight without laying a brick although most bars owners are not actually laying bricks there being another expression containing bricks!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 09:56. by Derek »

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member

Offline TRISH

Stay in GA
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2021, 16:36. »
The new building is going to be used for Gabe Market, they will relocate over there.

Then the old Gabe Market will be Aldi