Author Topic: Uk locator form  (Read 690 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Uk locator form
« on: March 07, 2022, 19:38. »

Just a thought what is the point of the uk locator form . If no one on the plane is now doing a test then no one will test positive so test and trace will not have anyone to contact . On my last return a week and a half ago no one at all looked at my locator form or vaccine passport, not Ryanair or the uk border.
Seems bureaucracy gone mad , I understood why it was needed when we had to isolate or do day 2 and 8 tests or even the lateral flow test but now it makes no sense.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Uk locator form
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 21:14. »
I came back from Malaga last Thursday. After all the effort and faff neither RYR or UK Border asked for anything. RYR passport and boarding card and UK border passport only.

Going out RYR wanted passport and boarding card; Spain wanted passport,  Locator Form QR code and temperature check. No covid passrequired anywhere and very little mask wearing evident either.

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Uk locator form
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 22:36. »
Do Spain require masks when walking around outside ? Or is it just shops and restaurants. Thanks

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Uk locator form
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 09:59. »
It vary's by region - I don't know about Valencia as not been for a bit. Andalucia it's only masks where 2m distance can't be maintained i.e. most public indoor spaces and markets outside. Bars and restaurants do not require masks. Have to say though compliance is a bit hit and miss on the markets but in shops it's fairly well observed.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Uk locator form
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2022, 10:55. »
Do Spain require masks when walking around outside ? Or is it just shops and restaurants. Thanks

Masks are still required in all indoor spaces, unless sitting down. Outside they are only required at large open air standing and seating events when a distance of 1.5m cannot be maintained.  There is no need to show Covid passport when entering bars, restaurants etc.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Uk locator form
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2022, 12:03. »
So do you need a mask to walk into bar & get drinks & then take off when seated? Seems pointless

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Uk locator form
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2022, 14:29. »
So do you need a mask to walk into bar & get drinks & then take off when seated? Seems pointless

I read it that you do need to Chris and Jackie. You walk in with one on - get your drink and sit down then take it off, If you get up to go to the bar or bathroom put it on again. Thats my take
BeachLife

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Uk locator form
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2022, 16:51. »

Just a thought what is the point of the uk locator form . If no one on the plane is now doing a test then no one will test positive so test and trace will not have anyone to contact . On my last return a week and a half ago no one at all looked at my locator form or vaccine passport, not Ryanair or the uk border.
Seems bureaucracy gone mad , I understood why it was needed when we had to isolate or do day 2 and 8 tests or even the lateral flow test but now it makes no sense.
The point is that now all this information is provided for travel around the world that no government will give up this valuable data. That’s not to say in 6 months a nasty variant pops up and all the systems are in place ready to go. In my mind it’s free to fill in and can be done whilst making a cup of tea so no great hardship. Also the 10% unvaccinated still I think can’t travel anywhere so the process weeds these out.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Uk locator form
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2022, 12:13. »

I read it that you do need to Chris and Jackie. You walk in with one on - get your drink and sit down then take it off, If you get up to go to the bar or bathroom put it on again. Thats my take

Correct Beachlife!  The aim is to limit the spread of Covid from people moving around.  Whether it is a sensible idea or not, it is currently the law in Spain.  However, Sanchez has said that the law on masks indoors will be relaxed in the coming weeks, we are just waiting for the formal announcement  8)