Author Topic: What are the current entry rules please?  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Retiredden

What are the current entry rules please?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2022, 23:31. »
Has anyone else had problems getting their covid certificate from the NHS download approved by the Spanish website. Mine's rejected everytime.

Try making sure you upload the booster shot code, that happened to me until I used the third vaccine code.

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2022, 11:05. »
Do we have to fill out and complete the Spanish locator form. Seems to be conflicting messages on here. Some are doing it. Thought all restrictions have been lifted ?

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2022, 18:02. »
I've just flown in from BHX. At Alicante after passports I headed through the automatic doors towards the blue/orange split to get my NHS cert checked. I was asked if I was vaccinated - said yes and was directed through the orange side. Bloke at the end before the desks said keep walking as the checks are 'random' so I walked past all the blokes/girls on the desks without being challenged and then outside into the rain.

• Galactic Member
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2022, 10:26. »
I've just downloaded my NHS Covid pass before I'm off on my next jolly and noticed the expiry date is 01.12.2022, 6 months away.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2022, 10:47. »
Bloke at the end before the desks said keep walking as the checks are 'random'

Has anyone here actually been checked in the last couple of months? I ask everyone I know who flies in, and from more than a dozen reports I am hearing it's "keep walking, don't stop" every time?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2022, 11:43. »
This might help :-

EU & Schengen Area travellers to Spain no longer required to show Covid status.

Travellers arriving in Spain from elsewhere in the EU or the Schengen Area, including Residents travelling back to Spain, will no longer be required to present proof of vaccination against Coronavirus, recent recovery or a negative test result, it was confirmed on Thursday (2nd June).
For those arriving from outside the EU or Schengen Area, however, the requirements remain in place.
The Spanish Health Ministry pointed to the ‘improvement to the epidemiological situation’ in Spain and other European countries, as well as the country’s high vaccination rate, as the reason for its decision to relax the rules.
The announcement was published on Thursday meaning Spain’s Covid-19 travel rules have changed with immediate effect.
‘Due to the high rates of vaccination coverage in Spain, above the European Union average, and the favourable situation of the health system, it is considered appropriate to eliminate travel restrictions for people from countries belonging to the European Union as well as associated Schengen countries,’ states the BOE.
‘People who arrive in Spain by air or sea from countries that do not belong to the European Union or are not considered Schengen associated countries may be subject to a health check at the first point of entry that will include, at least, the taking of temperature, documentation control and a visual check on their physical condition,’ the Spanish government clarified about the fact that the Covid pass rule remains in place for non-EU/Schengen travellers.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2022, 13:54. »
Forgive my ignorance, but as I understand it, the UK is not in the Schengen Area. Or does Spain simply grant the UK the same rights those in the Schengen Area as some kind of legacy "bonus"?

• Galactic Member
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2022, 14:56. »
The last paragraph refers to the UK as we are not in the EU or Schengen area.
Gov Uk advise here
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2022, 20:36. »
When you fill in the SPTH form  the name you enter on that form must exactly match the one on your NHS Covid Passport otherwise it won't accept it , my wife has a double barreled name, a damned nuisance.

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2022, 19:13. »
We came out last night. 6 people were sat at desks in baggage randomly picking out people and checking their certificates or lateral flow tests as required

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2022, 21:12. »
Thanks for that Nicki - It's an impossible question of course, but in your opinion, what would happen if you failed? Anyone? Given I am resident here, surely I just go home right? Full disclosure, I am vaccinated (I did that for "the good of everyone" I suppose), but over a year ago, and have not felt the need to be boosted given this thing is now essentially a bad cold, and I am not in a risk group. So technically, I would fail the test unless I go through the rigmarole of testing in Gatwick on the way back (£30 and time). I have never had Covid.

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2022, 16:23. »
I’m assuming if you are a resident of Spain they won’t worry and yoh will go in okay. I’m assuming they will completely drop all restrictions very soon.  We are out again in October and although I’ve had a 4th booster my husband will be 12 months since his last vaccine so I’m guessing if they haven’t dropped this he will have to take a lateral flow test and get a fitness to fly. Unless he gets covid in the meantime which we have both so far escaped 🤞

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2022, 19:43. »
Hi Nicki, Yes I agree, and will chance my arm! I will let you know how it goes. I have been broadly happy with the way Spain handled the entire Covid nightmare, but right now, at the last moment I think they've fumbled keeping the restrictions on the UK this long. Maybe it's some political gambit or something (Gibraltar?) but it certainly feels more punative than scientific. Oh well, sure it will end soon.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2022, 07:45. »
We arrived at Alicante airport on Monday just gone, they were randomly picking people to check their covid documents, I had my NHS Covid Passport printed out over three pages, a guy scanned the QR code for my third jab and I was through in seconds, wife and I didn't fill in SPTH forms.

Offline JB

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2022, 16:25. »
Just coming over for long weekend so only having Cabin Baggage with Ryanair. I am assuming we dont have to go to check in for Covid Vaccine checks etc and just go through security ?