Author Topic: LIDL UPDATE  (Read 4643 times)

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
LIDL UPDATE
« on: February 15, 2016, 16:57. »
Photo taken this morning of the new LIDL superstore being constructed.

Looks like it will be on time for the opening  8)

• Galactic Member
LIDL UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 16:31. »
More photos taken this morning - plus the new opening sign  8)

• Galactic Member
LIDL UPDATE
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 19:09. »
And photos from today of the new LIDL in Gran Alacant (complete with in store bakery) - opens next week - 10th March! :-)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
LIDL UPDATE
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 17:43. »
We drove past this morning, I thought it was August, the car park was full.
Just called in on our way home, very busy.
Bread section very good, the rest of the store pretty much as the old store but presented a lot better in a crisper more modern environment
Think we'll be sticking with Mercadona

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• Galactic Member
LIDL UPDATE
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 19:40. »
We went in today too John, photos etc will be posted tomorrow!

Like you say it was packed - I am sure that had nothing to do with the free food and drink being offered in the car park  ;D

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
LIDL UPDATE
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 19:52. »
Jejejejeje............yes we got a couple of freebies.........bag for life and hot dogs and drinks in the car park with music blaring!!

The cheese topped bread rolls are very good ;-)

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Annette

LIDL UPDATE
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 20:45. »
No parking spaces at 1pm.
Yes very clean and modern inside no outstanding opening special offers though .
Managed to look around and not buy anything! A record . So didn't get the bag and skipped the queue for freebie outside.

• Galactic Member
LIDL UPDATE
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 14:00. »
Photos taken during the re-build and article  :D

http://goo.gl/nF015n

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
LIDL UPDATE
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 14:38. »
I popped in. It was a comical sight. People heaving jars of dodgy jam, and limp veggies into their carts like the end of the world was approaching haha! Have they not been in a Lidl before?! The prices were exactly the same as they are all year round - that being "fair for what you get" haha.

The site of portly free-loaders queuing up in a line of twenty for a free sausage was pretty nauseating, especially given Lidls sausage are 30c for a pallet of 600. I thought for a minute the UN might pitch up and start throwing bags of grain down to the crowd from the roof, it was like something out of Mogadishu.

Once they'd got their paws on a free plastic bag - and yes I saw people dividing their small amount of shopping between two of these coveted gems! - they scuttled back to the Mercs to drive home. I am sure once they got there they unpacked all the bread rolls, pretzels and donuts and suddenly realised oh! Damn! It was just a bakery! For a minute there I think they thought they were looting Harrods!

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
LIDL UPDATE
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 16:04. »
I walked there this morning and the Polish begger with the GSD had got his old plot back, I couldn't see his Blue merc in the car park so he must have walked there, some things never change.

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

LIDL UPDATE
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 23:02. »
Yes, noticed the beggar with his dog had found a spot. It is a lovely store, another good edition to our Gran Alacant.

Offline Davison

LIDL UPDATE
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 16:05. »
I went and wasn't overly impressed seemed to be same old same old just more of it and larger isles. I was hoping for a fresh fish or meat counter
 ???

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
LIDL UPDATE
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 20:36. »
I wasn't impressed either, I thought I could finally do all my shopping in the same shop but no, its just the same, got overcharged by 2 euros for a packet of ham, then some guy almost bashed into my car as we both backed out together in the car park, dodgy car park that ! No, nothing's changed !

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
LIDL UPDATE
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2016, 00:17. »
Thats the trouble with these shops i.e. Lidl and Aldi - yes you get good quality food/drink for less but there is always something you have to pop to Mercadona for, and in the UK Tesco's or Sainsbury's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
LIDL UPDATE
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2016, 08:16. »
Im a fan of Aldi and Lidl but totally agree you cant do all your shop in one place unless your diet is limited. Also the quality isnt always there i suppose you get what you pay for..
They dont like it up em !